Friday, May 30, 2008

Reedbed Fun

I set myself a mini project of trying to get some better reed warbler photos this year. They are such tricky birds to photograph as they offer tantilising glimpses between reed stems but getting a clear shot of them require either luck or putting in some hours. As luck was not on my seide the only option was to put in some time.

Whilst messing around near the reedbeds I also came across a sedge warbler. This bird was ringed. I often find that ringed birds are much more confiding, which I suppose maybe a result of the human contact that the birds have had during the ringing process.
and on top of a reedmace head in seed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely images Richard, especially the last one.

Paul.

kjpweb said...

Your blog offers some of the best quality images in the neighborhood!
Excellent! Keep 'em coming!
Cheers, Klaus

Rich Steel said...

Thanks Paul and Klaus. I am off to do some seabirds this week on the Farne Islands and Bass Rock so hopefully the weather will be kind !!

Cheers

Rich

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,
I found your blog with a high quality of bird images. I enjoyed it so much. Excellent.

Currently, I'm using my Canon s3is during my bird trip. you may willing to share with me how to optimized my camera to get a good bird photograph. Many thanks.

Rich Steel said...

Thanks for the comment Iwan. Unfortunately I do not have any knowledge of this camera that would be of any practical help to you.

Cheers

Rich

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails