Thursday, April 05, 2007

Where there is water..

I always think a good tactic for getting photographs of birds in hot countries is to head for places of water, as something will turn up before long...

On the walk down to town I came across this pigeon or should I say rock dove which is the nearest I have found to a wild looking bird.

I found a square in the old part of Puerto de la Cruz with a fountain and sure enough some birds were visiting. A bird which frequently visits my garden back home, the Collared Dove

However of more interest to me were the Spanish Sparrow as I have not seen or photographed these before. Female amongst the flower beds.

but the males put on a better display

especially when they decided to take an afternoon shower in the fountain.

and to finish off this set a Grey Heron that I came across in a park pool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails