Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Starting the New Year

Firstly I would like to wish readers of the Blog a Happy and Wildlife 2009. I spent a fair amount of time over Christmas, organising and backing up last years photos to start with a clean slate for the New Year. I always treat the start of each year as a fresh start and already have some photography plans forming for the year ahead. Having said that I decided to start 2009 where I finished 2008 and headed out on my first session to try and get some more grey partridge photos. The forecast promised clear skies and sun and delivered on arrival, grey cloud and dull lightall day. The partridges were playing difficult to photograph as usual but I managed to get some photos.
and my favourite two images of the session
While trying for the partridges a couple of other bird species found their way in front of my lens including fieldfare and great spotted woodpecker
Male bird on a hawthorn trunk

Not a bad way to start the year, it was just a shame the light was not better. Sometimes you are forced to perserve under unfavourable preveiling conditions.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful series Richard. The 2nd last image of the Partridge is my favorite. Awesome bokeh as well.

You might be interested in checking out my last post on the Indian Tiger...Thomas

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, especially the grey partridges. Beautiful birds, what a treat to see them!

Andor Marton said...

That's a very nice series with the grey partridge. The first and third pictures are my favourite.

RĂºben Neves said...

Great sharp and well framed shot. Real natural colors. Congratulations for the moment.

Rich Steel said...

Thanks for the comments. Thomas you did a wonderful job with the tiger what a great and rare opportunity.

Cheers

Rich

Anonymous said...

Did you intend to call it a buzzard: that beautiful shot of a HAWK? Very nice photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails