Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Mere
I called into Martin Mere recently on a grey misty day with poor light. It has been while since I visited and I was surprised to see the Whooper Swan still on the main lake.
In amongst them was a black swan which I assume had some how made it there from the waterfowl collection on the other side of the fence.

I was hoping to see some Ruff close in to the hide but they not were present but a Pintail did leave the water and I think the first time I have seen one on dry land.

The reed bunting always look good in the spring and several males were visiting the feeders near one of the hides.

Passing Marshside RSPB on the way home, I stopped for a short while, but it was generally quiet in front of the hides except for a lone shoveler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails