Saturday, March 17, 2007

Captive tropicals

As the light has been poor this morning I thought I would take some time sorting through and backing-up some shots from last year. As I was working through my huge collection of zoo shots I came across some photos from Chester Zoo and thought they might go together to form a nice colourful post. Thought this would bring a change from the wild birds. I enjoy visits to the zoo as it makes for some more relaxing photography than stalking wild birds and is also good for practicing technique. The majority of these shots were taken in the tropical realm within the zoo where all the birds are free flying and light generally limted. Hopefully I have got the names right!!

Amethyst Starling

Orange headed thrush

Peking Robin

Red whiskered Bulbul

Superb Spreo Starling

Royal starling

Asian Glossy Starling

Not sure of the names of the next two!!!

and to finish off a Taveta Golden Weaver and Lillac Breasted Roller


Hopefully the light and conditions will be better tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs. The two you do not know are... pope cardinal with the red head, and a buffalo weaver under that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails