Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Welcome Back Old Friend

At some of the sites I frequent visit I like to keep an eye on some of the local residents that appear before me time and time again. At one such site there is a female kestrel that has provided me with plenty of photo opportunities in the past. She has been missing for a few months, presumably off producing some new kestrels, and it brought a smile to see she had returned the other day and looking in great condition . I only took a couple of photographs as my attention was drawn to other subjects but hopefully now she is back there will be many more opportunities to come.



I smell the return of wading birds in the air, back from their breeding grounds in the north ,and look foward to start getting some in front of the lens in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool looking bird. Great catch.

Snowbabies said...

Beautiful shot, looking forward to seeing more :-)

Paul.

Rich Steel said...

Many thanks Tommy and Paul. I did spot her again the other day but she was not playing the game. However, I am sure some more shots will come in the near future.

Cheers

Rich

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails