Monday, January 08, 2007

Marshside Waterfowl

Went over to Marshside RSPB near Southport on Sunday at first light, my first visit with a camera. I opened the hide flap to be great my a site to raise any bird photographers spirits


This is not the easiest place to photograph in the morning with the hide facing east and the rising sun creating backlighting. After a couple of Black tail godwit shots I decided to concentrate on the abundance of wild waterfowl but it would have to be potraits and there was not enough light for action. So here are some of the ducks that came my way during the morning.

A teal drake

Pintail drake


Shoveler a duck species I have never really got any shots of before.


not forgeting the females of course


and some whistling wigeon to finish off.

An immature bird


and a well grazed adult drake

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails