Saturday, September 10, 2011

In Media

I thought it time to write a post on where myself and some of my images are currently appearing in various media. First up I was asked by BBC Countryfile to once again undertake the long-list judging for their annual photography competition. This took a slightly different format this year with 12 separate categories to be judged. It was a long day whittling the 55000 entries down to 3600 which was accompanied by continuous filming. This is being aired tomorrow evening (11th September) at 7:30pm on BBC1 and whether I appear on the show or end up on the cutting room floor remains to be seen :)

I have entered a couple of photography competitions this year and managed 12th place with a flying Jay in the British Birds Journal. Greater success was achieved in Bird Watching Magazine's Bird Photo of the Year competition where I won the Birds of Britain category. This image of a juvenile cuckoo is currently given a full page in the August 2011 issue.

I have also had some images recently published in a books on North Atlantic Seabirds and Puffins, an iphone bird i.d application and South Wales Wildlife Trust is using my infamous flying puffin image on the front of their new pamphlet.

Obviously I didn't want to write a post without showing a few photographs. On my wanderings across moorland areas earlier in the year I was fortunate to have a brief and first encounter with some Black Grouse. The thee birds were just coming to the end of their lekking period but were still half-heartedly going through the motions. This has certainly raised my interest in trying to get some more and better images of these fascinating birds. Hopefully this will be a little mission I can pursue next spring.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you deserve every recognition possible for your gorgeous photos. congrats!

grammie g said...

Hi Richard...Well here's hoping you don't end up on the cutting room floor .. : }
Congrat's on the full page photo in the Bird Watching Magazine.. : }

These photos of the Black Grouse are just supurb...

Grace

Matt Latham said...

Big congrats on the Bird Watching prize!

Anonymous said...

Hello, beautiful and gallant cock bird, its plumage and colors, beautiful pictures. have a go, you're a keen observer. your photos are amravillosas, I like a lot of hare. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails