Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Some Winning Shots

Well the computer problems at this end should be shortly sorted as I am hopefully picking up a new custom built machine today, and so normal service may be resumed. I thought I would put up some photos that have been recognised in various competitions.

First up is a bathing curlew photo that was runner up in Birdguides Photo of the Year Compeition 2006.
This photo of a Short-eared owl just about to jump on a vole was also recognised at Birdguides with Photo of the Week earlier this year.
I do not often enter competitions and in fact the following photograph was entered on my behalf and unbeknown to me by my sectretary into the National Trust Autumn Photo Competition and won first prize of a holiday voucher for one of their cottages. I decided to enter the Britsh Birds Bird Phtograph of the Year competition this year and one of my enteries of a sanderling was short-listed in this large competition.

2 comments:

kjpweb said...

I have yet to see an image shot by you, that is less than priceworthy!
Good work!
Cheers, Klaus

Rich Steel said...

Thanks Klaus, Iam just about to enter two more competitions but as always it is difficult picking the right photos.

Cheers

Rich

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails