Monday, December 10, 2007

300mm Lens Test

I recently purchased the 300mm F4 lens as I was finding occasions when a shorter focal length lens would be useful. The main use of the lens will be for flight shots of larger birds at relatively close range and also for smaller birds at close quarters.
I went to a private site in Cheshire where I knew I would be getting some close range shots for a variety of species to give it a test run. The weather was not great on the day but I was pleased with how the lens performed. It was a busy day!!!

Bullfinches

Blue tit Chaffinch
GreenfinchNuthatch Pheasant Robin and Tree sparrow

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What ever you paid the new lens was worth it. Lovely shots.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Those are great shots! You certainly got a variety of species. Enjoy your new lens.

Jane Adams said...

Stunning pictures. I really am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a decent digital camera. I remembered some footage I took of Spotted Flycatchers nesting in a nest box on the side of my house, and put it on my blog today. I wonder if I can get some action still images of them this summer. Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails