Friday, July 27, 2007

On the way home

I took a small detour on the way home from work this evening with the intention of trying to photograph some pheasant and red-legged partridge. I thought I would do some larger birds in the absence of my 500mm (which hopefully will be back in a week or so :)). I didn't find any of the birds but was surprised to come across some brown hares.

Both of these shots were taken stalking on foot and it wasn't until I got home that I realised the zoom on the 100-400mm was not fully extended and I was shooting at nearer 300mm. Despite this and using available cover I managed to get in close enough to these shy animals to get a couple of shots. So I think I will make this my weekend project to get some shots.

Ready for take off
I ended up doing some commando style crawling to get in close for this next shot and got a bit damp on the rain soaked grass but at least it gave a nice low angle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing photographs you have taken. I have enjoyed looking at your photographs of the wildlife that I see on and around my farm. I often see hares in the field next to the farmhouse but my camera is not good enough to photograph them. I will be back to look at more of your fabulous photography. It's inspirational.
Sara from farmingfriends

Anonymous said...

I surfed in and was pleasantly surprised! You took such beautiful pictures; it's amazing that they are taken in your backyard! I am jealous!

Could you fix your Fat Birder web ring banner? It is subtracting from your beautiful blog... what a shame!

I have enjoyed your photo blog, thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails